Homestyle Quality Goodness
Your No. 1 Choice
Ingredients: Crushed Maize Kernels
(serves 4 - 6)
- 1 Litre Water (approx. 4 cups);
- 5ml Salt (1 teaspoon);
- 500ml Protea Maize Meal (approx. 2 cups or 330g).
- Bring water to boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add salt.
- Add Maize Meal and stir thoroughly with either a 2-pronged fork or wooden spoon.
- Once stirred, cover with lid so as to 'steam' the pap.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If mixture becomes too hard, add a little water and stir.
- Pap should be eaten firm, unless eaten as a porridge.